Friday, February 20, 2009

Chalk boards and you


Set aside those sore memories of the classroom and embrace the fabulousness that I will call, for the sake of being annoying, "chalkboard chic"!

Here are some neato chalkboard-finished items available on the market:

(via uma)

(via uma)


"But wait," you say, "I can't find knick knack X in a chalkboard finish!"  Never fear, dear reader.  As many of you know there are chalkboard paints available (in both traditional paint out o' the can and spray paint forms), so the possibilities are endless!  These products are available in black and green, but other colors are rare, so if you want to change up the colors, or you just want to be thrifty with some paint you already own, use a DIY recipe like this one.  I am told by a 17-year-old "expert" working in the paint department at Lowes that any flat darkly- colored paint will do the trick as well, but I'm skeptical that it would stand up to repeated uses. 

On with the projects ... 





(via make)

(via Martha)


(via Viva Full House)  It uses magnetic paint too!  Mind.  Blown.
 

Ooh!  And lookey here at this product - chalkboard oilcloth!  Imagine a kitchen tablecloth or placemat made out of this stuff?

I have got some chalkboard details planned for our wedding decor.  More on that in our wedding debriefing series ... coming in late May. 

No comments: